Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fasinating Thoughts

Recently I been thinking about my life and my baby. It's obviously been something that stays fresh on my mind. I really can't express how excited I am to be pregnant but really even more than that, how excited I am to have, hold, and raise this baby. I feel an extreme responsibility to raise this child with morals and values and a love for God, family, others, and life. I feel like in this day and age parents do such a poor job in raising the "gifts" God gave them that it challenges me to excel. I want my children to know the value of life, the feeling of being loved, and the security in the refuge we call family and home.

I take pride in knowing that I will try my very hardest to be the best mom in the world. I want good kids. I want kids that have respect for others. I want kids that realize how blessed they are and don't take advantage of it. And if all this means I have to wear myself to the bones I will. I will walk through fire so that my kids will know Christ and have a personal relationship with him.

I picture my baby in my arms looking up at me. I see 10 fingers and 10 toes, a perfect nose, and the cutest ears you've ever seen. I lean down and kiss my baby's perfect little lips and then I see it...that sweet sweet smile. And then all of a sudden WHAAAAAAA WHAAAAAA!!! My baby starts to scream bloody murder. That's life. I can't wait. I know I say this now. But I can't wait for it all. The tears, the laughter, the kisses, the poop, the throw up, the breast feeding at 2:00, 4:00 and 6:00 - I can't wait to be a mom - the good and the bad.

And to me all this is such a fasinating thought!

0 comments: